[Samba] Nmbd in a infinite loop - consuming 99% CPU

Reinaldo Brandão Gomes rbgomes at mmsi.com
Mon Oct 20 12:46:14 GMT 2003

Hi, People

WE are having this problem with nmbd & smbd.  The Process, once started goes by 99%CPU time and does nothing. For example, if I started nmbd with the option -l /usr/local/samba/log.nmbd, no log is created.

The smb.conf was not modified over the last 8 years.  The OS is solaris 7, and we have mainly windows clients.  But doing one test with smbclient from another sun running solaris 7 gives no response.

I really would appreciate any help or comments or question in order to understand/troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks,

Reinaldo