[Samba] Samba PDC - Administrator issues

Todd Johnson todd_johnson at dnr.state.ak.us
Fri Nov 28 22:56:59 GMT 2003

Samba PDC is up and running. We are not using roaming profiles. My problem is this. How do we make the administrator account have administrative priv's locally on the client PC when they login on the DOMAIN? What is happening now is that when the Administrator logs in it just makes a domain accoutn for the Administrator locally but this new account does not have actualy administrator permissions.

I read about the netgroup tool and its uses but from what I read this is new to 3.0? We are using smb 2.2.8a.

Does anyone have any ideas or know the solution?

My thanks..and I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

Todd