[Samba] non-primary group permissions

Allen Bolderoff allen at gist.net.au
Tue Nov 25 23:48:58 GMT 2003

Did you get any answer on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+allen=gist.net.au at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+allen=gist.net.au at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Mike
Dawson
Sent: Thursday, 11 September 2003 8:40 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] non-primary group permissions

Hi,

I have a problem that if I set a file or directory group owner, users
that are members of this group can still not access it unless this is
their primary group.

This is using samba 3.0rc3, all user and group info is coming from
winbind and permissions work as expected when using a linux shell but
not from a windows client.

The problem goes away if I use the 'force group' option on the share,
but this still means that ony one group can be of any use for that
share.  Is this expected behaviour or is something going wrong?

Thanks
Mike