[Samba] PDC Machine Trust Accounts

Ben Davis ben.davis at pca-wichita.com
Tue Nov 25 22:44:47 GMT 2003

I'm currently using a MySQL backend for samba.. I have it working for
existing unix users.  What I was thinking about doing is using  the
pam_mysql module to "trick" samba into thinking the unix account already
exists, while it is actually just in the database.  This means, though,
that I would have to create the account manually because it needs to see
that the account exists before it creates it.   That means I would have
to figure out how to generate SSIDs and such,  which I'd rather not do.

Any suggestions on how I can work around this with pam_mysql?