[Samba] Error Copying File or Folder.

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 00:06:16 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have a linux server running samba version 3.0.0. (smbd --version)

I have a Windows 2000 Client.
The file is stored on the server.
On the Windows 2000 client, I browse to the file. Select COPY.

Move to a Local directory on the Windows 2000 Client and select PASTE.

It starts the copy, and then fails with

Title of the error window is: -
Error Copying File or Folder.
Contents on the error window is: -
Cannot copy xyz: The specified network name is no longer availiable.

The xyz is the filename of the file I am trying to copy. I just put xyz
in for explanations purposes.

Can anyone help?

I have root/admin access to both server and client, so I can provide any
extra log files that people need, just tell me what to send.

Cheers
James