[Samba] RE: Basic Sol8 compile question

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Nov 19 13:52:20 GMT 2003

John H Terpstra wrote:

> Have you tried the gcc compiler?

   Actually, no. :7) (I know it's an oddity to find a shop with Sun's compilers these days.)
   I have cc installed already, and I don't honestly have time to install a whole second compiler suite with all its complementary utilities for this. I simply want to compile samba and share out a few printer queues.
   Are there significant hurdles to compiling Samba 3 without gcc? I recall having all rght luck with 2.2.something earlier this year, but I really want all the cool bells & whistles in Samba. If installing gcc is what it takes, well, I'll start digging.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator