[Samba] Caracteres ñ á é ó ú enarchives names not are reading

Bjoern JACKE samba at j3e.de
Mon Nov 17 22:22:27 GMT 2003

On 2003-11-17 at 19:57 -0200 Thiago Lima  sent off:
>I had the same problem some time ago and I changed the unix charset. How
>to convert the filenames to the correct charset? And how to discover
>what charset is beeing using in a file?

check out http://j3e.de/linux/convmv/. A man page is availabel at
http://j3e.de/linux/convmv/man/.
convmv can convert whole directories recursively to a different
encoding, per default it is in "testmode", so it will not change the
filenames for you to see the conversion will do the right. When you
are sure, convert the files to utf-8 with --notest option. It's even
easier than changing the unix charset option. ;-)

Bjoern