[Samba] Changing password on w2k server

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Mon Nov 17 15:26:38 GMT 2003

Hello,

I use a server with samba 3.0.0 (with acl-support) and LDAP backend (RedHat
8.0 with XFS) .
For test, I set to "0" the attribute :
sambaPwdCanChange and sambaPwdMustChange

When the user would like to logon, the computer propose to change password.
If the user says "Yes", the w2k client display a dialog box with username,
the domain name, the old password.
After the user have writed the new password and confirm password, the
client says "The old password or username is not correct".
But, I can connect, the share is available but the profile is not
available.  I think that password is changed but not all and the attribute
not be set (very important).

BUG or wrong conf.
I can send log in bugzilla if necessary.

The possibility to change password is very important for my boss (else he
change to a w2k server).

Thank you

     Stéphane Purnelle
     Samba Administrator

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467