[Samba] Profile Funniness on a Solaris 9 PDC

Jeff Gardiner gardiner at imaging.robarts.ca
Sat Nov 15 01:14:13 GMT 2003

I'm running Samba 3 as a PDC on a Solaris 9 box.  I am able to create profiles
and add stuff to the profile (by logging in for the first time), however
nothing ever seems to get deleted from the profile.

For example, if I remove both the local profile and the profile as it exists
on the PDC, and then login the new profile gets created perfectly.  If I then
add a "Temporary Folder" to the desktop and log out, it gets written to the
PDC's version of the profile.

If I log in an delete the "Temporary Folder" it will delete until I log out
again.  The folder continues to exist on the profile in the PDC.

Anyone have any ideas?

The following is my config file:

[global]

netbios name = SUPERSERVER
workgroup = WINLACKIES
os level = 99
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
security = user
domain logons = yes
logon path = \\%N\%u\profiles
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\%L\%U
logon script = startup.bat

smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

[netlogon]

path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
read only = yes
write list = ntadmin

[profiles]

path = /var/samba/profiles/%U
read only = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700

[homes]

comment = Home Directories
read only = No
browseable = No

--
Jeff Gardiner [ gardiner at imaging.robarts.ca ]
System Administrator - Imaging Research Laboratories

       ~~~~~~~
        -- Henry Spencer
~~~~~~