[Samba] No user logon from w2k/winxp

Stephan Goeldi it at flora38.ch
Thu Nov 13 22:38:20 GMT 2003

Hello

I can't find same problem in list. If I don't see it, sorry...

I have installed samba-3.0.0.0 an it works with guest-shares, but I can not
login with an user. I have tried with smbpasswd (if i don't use encrypted
password then I can connect form linux machine with smbclient and
user/passwd, but not from win2k or winxp machine with encrypted password)
and now I tried with tdbsam. Can someone help me? Where's my mistake?

Thanks

Stephan

--------logfile snipp-------------
[2003/11/13 23:24:37, 2] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(309)
  check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [xxxx] -> [xxxx] FAILED
with error NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
----------------------------------

--------smb.conf------------------

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = blub
security = SHARE
passdb backend = tdbsam:/etc/samba/passdb.tdb
log level = 2
time server = Yes
printcap name = cups
os level = 65