[Samba] samba 3.0 and freebsd 5.1

Aaron Collins Hellfire at fastq.com
Thu Nov 13 18:18:30 GMT 2003

I've been working on getting freebsd 5.1 to be a member of and active
directory domain.  I have everything up and running fine, but I'm
running in to a brick wall when trying to get nsswitch to use the
libnss_winbind.so  I understand that nss is new in BSD, but I am told it
is supposed to work.  Has anyone here got it to work right yet?
I have samba, winbind and kerberos working fine. I get all of my users
when I do a wbinfo -u  I copied the correct nss libs to /usr/lib  If
anyone has any Info I'd greatly appreciate it.

I know it has something to do nsswitch because I get these errors in
/var/log/debug.log
smbd: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, group, setgrent, not found
smbd: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, group, getgrent_r, not found
smbd: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, group, endgrent, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, passwd, setpwent, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, group, setgrent, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, passwd, getpwuid_r, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, group, getgrgid_r, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, passwd, getpwuid_r, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, group, getgrgid_r, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, passwd, getpwuid_r, not found
ls: NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): winbind, group, getgrgid_r, not found

Following are my confs

smb.conf
[global]

   workgroup = PERSONAL
   netbios name = BSD
   netbios aliases = BSD
   realm = PERSONAL.REALM.COM
   security = ads
   encrypt passwords = yes
   password server = *
   wins server = wins.realm.com
   name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   server string = FreeBSD Samba Server
   log level = 1
   winbind separator = .