Re: [Samba] Samba Translation Dok to German, first file, deutsche Übersetzung Der Samba Doku erste Datei

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Tue Nov 11 10:25:29 GMT 2003

Hi, Andrew Bartlett,

11. November 2003 um 10:58 you wrote:

AB> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 20:32, rruegner wrote:
>> Hi, we decide t make translation in html first,
>> afterwards convert it to other types later.
>> Dont forget its Gnu so anyone can convert it to what ever he wants

AB> Sounds like a auful lot of work, and the end result won't match the
AB> original in formatting, and other important aspects.   There is a lot of
AB> extra information in  the XML that can't be represented in HTML.

AB> Given that you are already working in HTML, is the raw XML really that
AB> much harder to deal with?  That way you can ensure that you really are
AB> just translating the text, and not altering the format, references etc.

I have no problem in doing all this work in XML. Right now I am
editing the files in my web-editor, changing nothing of the meta-infos
that are in. The files on the project page are converted to plain
html right now, but we could also use OpenOffice, as suggested, to
work in another format.

I agree with you that it makes no sense to alter formats without good
reasons.

regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at