[Samba] Samba Translation Dok to German, first file, deutsche ?bersetzung Der Samba Doku erste Datei

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Tue Nov 11 01:02:32 GMT 2003

Hi John,

I just saw this message on the mailinglist...

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:12:40AM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote about 'Re: [Samba] Samba Translation Dok to German, first file, deutsche ?bersetzung Der Samba Doku erste Datei':
> Guten Tag Kurt Pfeifle,
> KP> I know that DocBook/XML is rather difficult for people who are not used
> KP> to it and it makes them slow down a lot. (I myself haven't written my
> KP> part of the HOWTO Collection in XML. but in HTML and one kind soul did
> KP> convert it for me). However, it makes it more easy to create PDFs and
> KP> other formats from that input.

> We talked to John H Terpstra and he told us that he would take the
> part of converting to XML (I hope it still is like that ;-) )

> So we can happily use our little crappy html-editors and concentrate
> at translating english-german instead of converting html-xml.
Are we really sure we can/want to convert all those pages back to XML?
Getting a volunteer to do it is probably harder then for Kurt's
docs...

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/