[Samba] Unable to access my home share on samba 3 and win nt4, was able to do it with samba 2.2.2

Arno.STREULI at ca-indosuez.ch Arno.STREULI at ca-indosuez.ch
Fri Nov 7 07:29:57 GMT 2003

Hi Guys,

I just upgrade my samba sever (from 2.2.2 to 3.0 on Solaris 8, with winbind
and win nt4 as a PDC) samba is a member of the domain, and I can access all
my share with authenticaion.
But I setup my home share:

[global]
      workgroup = Domain3
      realm = WIN2KTEST.CH
      server string = samba %v
      security = DOMAIN
      log file = /opt/samba/var/log.%m
      max log size = 1000
      name resolve order = host wins bcast
      wins server = 10.10.14.9, 10.10.16.8
      ldap ssl = no
      remote announce = 10.10.14.9
      idmap uid = 10000-20000
      idmap gid = 10000-20000
      template homedir = /home/%u

[homes]
      path = /home/%u
      read only = No
      browseable = No

And with that I always get that error on my log:
[2003/11/07 08:27:51, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(670)
  '/home/Domain1\bi9yj' does not exist or is not a directory, when
connecting to [bi9yj]

By the way their is a trust on my pdc between the ddomain Domain1 and
Domain3 and it works for my other shares

Any clue how to solve it ?

Thanks,

Arno

DISCLAIMER - E-MAIL
The information contained in this E-Mail is intended for the named
recipient(s). It may  contain certain  privileged and confidential
information, or  information  which  is  otherwise  protected from
disclosure. If  you  are  not the intended recipient, you must not
copy,distribute or take any action in reliance on this information