[Samba] WinXP and Samba 3.0

Pat Hagge pat at theewok.net
Wed Nov 5 09:39:13 GMT 2003

I have in the past been able to get XP to connect to samba pdc 3.0.0 (2.x
also). I just did a new install on another computer and have tried everything
and still can't get it to work. It does the lovely "can't map user id ..."
like usual. I've done alot of research online and end up finding the same info
and I feel I've exhausted my resources except for here.

I have applied to reg patch, recreated the accounts in smbpasswd and passwd
several times, tried different computer names (with reboots after change),
logged in as different users locally on the XP box, passwords are all good,
and the workgroup name is set different than the domain.

Would installing SP1 for XP make any difference? I don't have time to try
that, got to get to bed for work in a few hours!!

Any ideas to try/check? PLEASE?! Thank you *very* much! :)

Pat Hagge

E-Mail: pat at theewok.net
Alt. E-mail: maxrebo at mindless.com
Web: http://maxrebo.n3.net