[Samba] samba PDC on FreeBSD question

jwilliams at pop.courtesymortgage.com jwilliams at pop.courtesymortgage.com
Wed Nov 5 04:48:31 GMT 2003

Evening everyone.

I am going to be changing our current Samba PDC running Red Hat, to a
FreeBSD server.

I was curious if anyone out there, who is currently using FreeBSD as a PDC
could give me their feedback on how it is working. Also, if they had any
suggestions or recommendations regarding Samba on FreeBSD. Maybe even what
they like and dislike about it.

I would imagine, it should be the same as on Linux, but I thought i'd ask
here, to see what other peoples experiences were with FreeBSD and Samba.

I'm also thinking about using OpenLDAP as well, on the backend for accounts
as well.

I appreciate everyone who shares their experiences with me.

Cheers,

Jason