[Samba] will someone help me please

Dustin Rue ruedu at fmymca.org
Tue Nov 4 21:26:23 GMT 2003

Sounds like a networking problem and I'll attack it as such.

Can you ping the Samba server from windows?  How about from Windows to
the Samba server?  You of course must be able to talk to the Samba
server and the Samba server must be able to talk to the Windows machine.

If you can ping both ways then make sure the Samba server is allowed to
talk to the subnet the windows computer is on. (Hosts allow)

If that still doesn't work make sure the windows machine is in
/etc/hosts.

If it still doesn't work, ask again.

Dustin