SV: [Samba] Samba-Citrix compatability

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Nov 4 14:37:30 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no wrote:

> I have searched for some FAQ/HOWTO regarding Citrix/Metaframe to no
> avail.  (Like this one
> http://samba.org/~jht/HOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf )
>
> What I would like to see in such a FAQ/HOWTO:

Are you willing to help write this? You too can make a difference you
know!

> - Compilation issues regarding Citrix/metaframe
> - - ie the need to increase the MAX_CONNECTION setting before
> compilation
> - - ie how to compile samba to a 64 bit application to get more
> available file descriptors (problem for solaris)
> - the need to tweak the /etc/system settings (ie "set rlim_fd_max =
> <number>")
> - oplocks settings in smb.conf
> - the single smbd process issue and workaround(s) (wins and
> DNS-proxy/netbios names?)
> - the home-share issue and problem
>
> All these issues, and probably more, I feel are related to
> Citrix/metaframe vs. Samba.  If I am wrong and somewhere there is a FAQ
> regarding this then all the better.  Just need to find it. ;-)  If not
> then it is most neeeded.

Good points! Will you contribute some text that we can add to the HOWTO?

Information like this gets documented when someone with your kind of
passion writes some basic guidelines and contributes it to the HOWTO.
Please do not leave this to others, while the needs are fresh in your mind
please write a few paragraphs on each and send them to me for inclusion.

Cheers,
John T.

--
John H Terpstra