[Samba] Technical Information about samba

range at comsats.net.pk range at comsats.net.pk
Thu May 29 07:35:42 GMT 2003

  Dear Samba Staff

        My name is Muddassar and in these days i am doing works on Linux
Samba Server . I have found a problem to joining a Samba domain from
Windows 2000 Professional , When joins the samba domain  the win2000 asks
me to give user name and its password of the domain ,when i enter the
valid root User name and its password , after few seconds the the message
is shows on the the screen there is a problem to joing Domain and the
message is
         "The account  used is a computer account . Use your  global user
user account or local user account to access this server ."
 While i have added the root to the smbadduser and its password , and also
my smb.conf  file is also clear from  errors . Please tell me  , i am very
in trouble . There is no problem in win95 and win98 to joining the samba
domain. i've also created the machine account .
 Please tell me the solution of this problem i am very grateful to all of
You

 Yours Truly
 Muddassar Inayat