[Samba] Group Question For Samba

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri May 30 05:29:33 GMT 2003

This can be done. In the User Manager, in "Computer Management" (may be
someplace else too, but I'm too lazy to look), you can add groups from
UNIX to the local group. If you are using 2000 on all your machines, or
have an image for Win 2000, this should work fine for all of your
machines. When you are adding users who have permissions, the UNIX groups
should show up, in addition to "Everyone" "Authenticated Users", etc.

Take a peek... just make sure you set the domain you're looking in away
from the local machine, when you're doing the add.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630