[Samba] Samba Server Requirements / Recommendations

Corey Hart chart at acad.stedwards.edu
Tue May 27 18:54:46 GMT 2003

Just want to double check with the list that I, in theroy, have enough
processing power.  Let me list out some of my server information.

1)  Will need to be able to sustain 400 concurrent logins  (No roaming
profiles)
2)  Support 140 printing queues
3)  Support NFS mounts from other servers and have its disks NFS mounted TO
other servers
4)  Act as PDC

I was looking at going with a Dell Xeon 1.8 Processor box running RedHat
Linux with 2 gig of Memory.  The disk array is coming from another vendor,
but it will be SCSI attached.