[Samba] WinXP Home Edition and Samba File Share

Eric Treu etreu at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 18:13:17 GMT 2003

I am running Samba 2.2.7 on RedHat 7.3.

I can see the Samba Share on the Peer to Peer Network.  The share
will stay active for a period of time (different every time) and then
time out and put a red "x" over the share in My Computer.

The samba share is the company's shared data.  They then need to
double click the red "x" and re-connect to the samba share.

Annoying!  Windows problem or my configuration of Samba problem?

Can anybody help me?

ET