[Samba] X flag in smbpasswd?

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri May 23 16:29:18 GMT 2003

Thanks, John.

I have one more question: Where I use mksmbpasswd.sh is, when my
home-grown password changing script runs, if the smbpasswd entry does not
exist, a null entry is created which is then immediately overwritten by
pam_smbpass upon the completion of the password change. What would you
recommend instead, in that case? smbpasswd -a with a null password entry?

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630