[samba] Macintosh OS 9.2 and SMB Networks

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed May 21 22:35:04 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 10:55, Corey Hart wrote:
> Has anyone successfully got OS 9.2 to access SAMBA shares?  I have tired
> looking for documentation on how to do this, but have come up with very
> limited information.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

unless you're using DAVE or some other smb service in macOS it won't
talk to samba.  I think you'd be happier with netatalk - which is quite
simple to install and works okay serving the same files as samba.

best wishes

brad

PS don't reply to an unrelated thread - if you do you message gets
associated with that thread. That's why i didn't see your message until
now.
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>