[Samba] Disabling roaming profiles...revisited

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Wed May 21 19:11:01 GMT 2003

Hello everyone. Im having a issue with my server that im not sure if it is
directly related to Samba or LDAP. I thought i'd post my thoughts here and
see what everyone things...

Quick background:
Running Samba 2.2.8a, with OpenLDAP 2.0.27 on Red Hat 7.3. Using the idealx
scripts to add/modify/delete entries. Been working great so far.

I've successfully set up the samba server to run LDAP and have LDAP hold
the user accounts and passwords.
I've been able to automatically have computer accounts added to LDAP when
the workstation joins the domain. So far so good. The only problem now is
with roaming profiles.

What I wanted to do is disable roaming profiles. I know that to do it in
samba, you are supposed to make the following entry in smb.conf:

logon path =

Which i did. However, samba is still trying to use roaming profiles.

Here is smb.conf:

    workgroup = CourtesyPDC
    netbios name = PDC-SRV
    server string = Samba-LDAP PDC Server
    hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1

    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    log level = 2
    logon path =
    logon home =
    logon script = logon.bat
    time server = yes
    max log size = 50

    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl -o %u
    unix password sync = Yes
    passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n

    local master = yes
    os level = 65
    domain master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    domain logons = yes

;Samba-LDAP information
    ldap admin dn ="cn=root,dc=courtesymortgage,dc=com"
    ldap suffix = dc=courtesymortgage,dc=com
    ldap port = 389
    ldap server = 127.0.0.1
    ldap ssl = off
    domain admin group = root "@Domain Admins"
#Add user scripts
    add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -c "Samba Trust
Account" %u

The only other thing that im thinking is that maybe there is something
going on with the idealx scripts that is causing this?

I appreciate everyones input.

Jason