[Samba] no domain server was available to validate your password

Mr eric salayon esalayon at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 11:15:11 GMT 2003

guys,

 i compiled a samba server on red hat 7.3 and
successfully run it. (attach is log.nmbd which says
that my samba server is the logon server, domain
master browser, local master browser for workgroup
COMPLAB.)
But when im about to connect a win98 workstation, it
would echo "No domain server was available to validate
your password".  And in my samba server when i issue
the command:

  # nmblookup -d 2 "*"

it would answer:

  added interface ip=172.16.0.2 bcast=172.16.255.255
nmask=255.255.0.0
  querying * on 172.16.255.255
  Got a positive name query response from 172.16.0.6
(172.16.0.6)
  172.16.0.6 *<00>

note:
  ip addr of my server (samba) = 172.16.0.2
  ip addr of my win98 ws       = 172.16.0.6
  name of workgroup (smb.conf) = COMPLAB

also, when i issue the command:

  # nmblookup COMPLAB

it echoed: