[Samba] cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was Call returnedzerobyte (EOF), hilfe!

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue May 13 16:58:49 GMT 2003

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Dragan Krnic wrote:
>
>> Hi Kurt,
>>
>> I've read the new document. It's a very fine piece of
>> technical documentation. However, it doesn't help me in the present
>> predicament. Going now by this book
>> I'm only getting more frustrated.
>

> What are your versions of Samba, CUPS(?), OS, and Printer
> again?
>
>> I'm stuck!
>

> I would try to reproduce it here, if you tell me where
> I can get the driver files. Do you see a possibility to
> place them somewhere for me to download.
>
>> For example adding driver with rcpclient invariably
>> ends in "Segmentation fault" (Signal 11)
>

> I am currently seeing Segmentation faults (on 2.2.7a) also
> with various rpcclient commands (for ex. "level" 2 or 3
> subcommands for enumprinters and enumdrivers...). However,
> adddriver|setdriver work....
>
>> immediately
>> after pop_sec_ctx, whose push counterpart was invoked
>> before a long series of opening and closing all normal
>> files in W32X86/3.
>

> Have you tried to install the Windows NT driver which goes
> into "W32X86/2/"
>
>> This is the command I used:
>>
>> rpcclient -d 4 -Uroot -c 'adddriver \
>> "Windows NT x86" \
>> "lp:\
>

> Just a crazy idea: try to name the thing to something
> other than "lp"....
>
>> lexpsnt3.dll:\
>> OPC720.PPD:\
>> LEXPSNTU.DLL:\
>> LEXPSNT.HLP:\
>> NULL:\
>> LEXPSLNG.DLL,LEXDRVX.DLL,LEXFNTRC.DLL,LEXPSHOW.HLP,\
>> LEXPSNT.CNT,PTGUIW32.DLL,PTRESW32.DLL,PTAPIW32.DLL,\
>> LEXMV95.HLP,DRVNPANT.DLL,LEXDRVIN.EXE,LEXPSNT.ALL,\
>> OPTRASBM.DLL,SC1275BM.DLL,K1220BM.DLL,OC1200BM.DLL,\
>> OC40BM.DLL,OC45BM.DLL,E855BM.DLL,W810BM.DLL,\
>> W820BM.DLL,M410BM.DLL,T61XBM.DLL,T62XBM.DLL,\
>> C710BM.DLL,C720BM.DLL,C750BM.DLL,C910BM.DLL,\
>> E32XBM.DLL,LMPCLTHK.DLL,LEXCFI.DLL,LEXEDF.DLL,\
>> LEXPPDS.ZIP,PTZIPW32.DLL,LEXUNST.ZIP"\
>> ' p90
>

> Gosh! That is a long list (34) of "Dependentfiles"! Did
> they integrate a sound driver to tell you that the job is
> ready?!

Uhmmm... looking at that list above a second time, a little bit
more closely, it seems not correct (or not correctly quoted?).
You have only seem to have 7 colon-separated fields, while there
are 8 required. You need:

   Long Printer Name:\
   Driver File Name:\
   Data File Name:\
   Config File Name:\
   Help File Name:\
   Language Monitor Name:\
   Default Data Type:\
   Comma Separated List of Files

This would *possibly* map to the files of your driver
like this:

   Long Printer Name:\            -->  lp:\
   Driver File Name:\             -->  lexpsnt3.dll:\
   Data File Name:\               -->  OPC720.PPD:\
   Config File Name:\             -->  LEXPSNTU.DLL:\
   Help File Name:\               -->  LEXPSNT.HLP:\
   Language Monitor Name:\        -->  NULL:\
   Default Data Type:\            -->  ##### this is missing: should be "RAW" !! #####
   Comma Separated List of Files  -->  LEXPSLNG.DLL,LEXDRVX.DLL,LEXFNTRC.DLL,\
                                       LEXPSHOW.HLP,LEXPSNT.CNT,PTGUIW32.DLL,\
                                       PTRESW32.DLL,PTAPIW32.DLL,LEXMV95.HLP,\
                                       DRVNPANT.DLL,LEXDRVIN.EXE,LEXPSNT.ALL,\
                                       OPTRASBM.DLL,SC1275BM.DLL,K1220BM.DLL,\