[Samba] Replacing WinNT 4 PDC with Samba PDC

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Mon May 12 12:40:08 GMT 2003

> >The above is not correct.
> >you cannot intermix line(s) without \ ad keep the command "united".
> >So change it to
> >--with-stuff1 \
> >--with-stuff2 \
> >--with-ldapsam
> >
> >or maybe
> >--with-stuff1 \
> >--with-stuff2 \
> >--with-ldapsam  # NEI Modifications

Peter:

You were correct.  After removing the comment between the last of the Red
Hat config options and my config options, the build went properly.

It went so properly in fact, that I was able to construct my first LDAP
enabled Samba PDC on Friday and was even able to join a workstation to it
and authenticate a logon properly!  WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! :-)

I'm going to try and re-create the process today and document it on paper.

Thanks again for your help.

Kevin L. Collins, MCSE
Systems Manager
Nesbitt Engineering, Inc.