[Samba] wbinfo -u is returning 0xc0000022

kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be
Thu May 8 08:54:14 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I have a samba 2.2.8a install runing on a debian woody. The samba is working fine and I am able to map shared drives. I want to use a Primary Domain Controller to authenticate users. I have included the necessary options in smb.conf,
# separate domain and username with '+', like DOMAIN+username
   winbind separator = +
# use uids from 10000 to 20000 for domain users
   winbind uid = 10000-20000
# use gids from 10000 to 20000 for domain groups
   winbind gid = 10000-20000
# allow enumeration of winbind users and groups
# might need to disable these next two for performance
# reasons on the winbindd host
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
# give winbind users a real shell (only needed if they have telnet/sshd/etc... access)
   template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U
   template shell = /bin/bash
# don't trust other domains that are trusted
# by the PDC
   allow trusted domains = no

added the necessary stuff to /etc/pam.d/ssh,
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       sufficient   pam_winbind.so debug
auth       required     pam_unix.so use_first_pass shadow
auth       required     pam_env.so # [1]

account    sufficient   pam_winbind.so debug
account    required     pam_unix.so use_first_pass

session    required     pam_unix.so
session    optional     pam_lastlog.so # [1]
session    optional     pam_motd.so # [1]
session    optional     pam_mail.so standard noenv # [1]
session    required     pam_limits.so

password   required     pam_unix.so

joined the domain and started smbd, nmbd and winbindd. When I execute wbinfo -u I get 0xc0000022. I googled around for this error, but didn't find a decent explanation. When I execute wbinfo -t, it claims the secret is good. If you want the debug info returned by winbindd I can provide this as well.

Many thanks in advance.

regards,

Kenneth