[Samba] Samba and Actionlaser 1500

Kevin Smith ksmith at perfht.com
Mon May 5 13:19:20 GMT 2003

Has anyone gotten this printer to work with Redhat/Samba?
My system is RH 7.2 , Kernel 2.4.20, samba 1.2.7a.
Sometimes, VIA CUPS, it will print a test sheet, but I cant seem to get it
to work locally with a raw queue.
I've tried Foomatic but it just messed up my printer database so I
reinstalled printconf,
Linuxprinter.org says it is partially compatible with the omni driver, which
I have installed, with no results or error messages In /var/log/messages or
//var/log/cups/error_log.
SO if anyone has any tips on how to get this printer working on a Linux
server with windows 98 clients (with the proper drivers) please let me know
what you did.

Thanks,
Kev