[Samba] Roaming Profiles: Advantages and disadvantages?

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Thu May 1 23:32:41 GMT 2003

Hello everyone. I wanted to get some feedback and opinions from people
regarding the use of Roaming profiles.

originally, I was planning on using roaming profiles. However, I am
starting to wonder if this is such a good idea. The reason is that, if I
implement roaming profiles, there is a good chance that there will be
network congestion as well as a lot of stress on the server. (50 users so
far). Plus, our users pretty much stay at the same desk and same computer.

So my question is: Why would I want to use roaming profiles? Why should I
not use roaming profiles?

Also, I do not need to use roaming profiles if I want to use system policy,
correct?

Thanks.

Jason