[Samba] Citrix reports no more connections to samba server

Mark Roach mrroach at okmaybe.com
Mon Mar 31 15:57:04 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 21:23, Phil Hale wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a Win2K server with Citrix Metaframe XPe installed on the network and
> uses mapped network drives to a Samba file server. The Citrix server is
> locking users out of the mapped network drive on the samba server.
>
> Citrix has 125 concurrent licences and Terminal services licences of the
> same amount
> Samba version is 2.2.3a  Running on a Redhat 7.3 box.
>
> Please advise if more into is required and what is required.
>
> Has this been seen before and what is the possible solution.

This is probably because the MAX_CONNECTIONS is set too low. I set mine
to 768 and have had no problems with about 45 users per citrix server.
look in smbd/conn.c in the samba sources:

/* set these to define the limits of the server. NOTE These are on a
   per-client basis. Thus any one machine can't connect to more than
   MAX_CONNECTIONS services, but any number of machines may connect at
   one time. */
#define MAX_CONNECTIONS 128

-Mark