[Samba] XP writes hanging

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Wed Mar 19 22:34:44 GMT 2003

I upgraded to samba 2.2.7 on Red Hat 7.2 from Red Hat RPMs.  Emacs on
XP now hangs for 5 seconds when it autosaves to a samba file.  After a
timeout, emacs continues merrily along until the next autosave.
Ordinary file writes (saves) and reads are instantaneous.  While emacs
is hanging, other windows accessing samba are blocked, too.

I've checked the logs (pfirewall.log, samba/*, messages, etc), turned
off iptables, and turned off XP's firewall.  Nothing correlates or
helps.

Thanks,
Rob