[Samba] Cannot login from XP pro to PDC

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Tue Mar 18 19:47:35 GMT 2003

You need to tweak the registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requiresignorseal"=0

All found here in the HOWTO:

http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba/samba-pdc.html#joining

Make sure also that your XP machine does not have any firewalling enabled on
the LAN interface - if it has been near an open internet connection this can
trigger a wizard to enable this.

Noel