[Samba] Does the SWAT tool come with the Red Hat 8.0 distribution?

bkrusic at yahoo.com bkrusic at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 01:34:21 GMT 2003

> Perhaps you could post your specific thoughts on
> what an automated editor
I understand that by using a GUI rather than command
line will in some cases make things easier.  My
experiance with Samba is that I had to research,
implement and test many hours to get it working
(albiet, I have a very highly specialized env, Post
produstion, where file security, performance and paths
must be the same on all platforms here - MacOSX,
Linux, Windows, SGI).

If you feel Swat is a value add (it may be), it
doesn't seem like it would be hard to not del lines
starting with #.

I'm not sure what Samba uses to edit the file and
generate a new one but why not rely on utils like
grep and sed?

I'm not trying to be insulting to Samba.org, I'm just
hard on technology and when it does something
unexpected, I get uncomfortable.
Bri-