[Samba] OSX as file server in AD domain

Michael Bartosh mbartosh at mac.com
Mon Mar 10 14:34:41 GMT 2003

At 9:14 AM -0500 3/10/03, Christian Raymond wrote:
>I just installed an OSX server that I joined to an existing Active Directory
>Domain. It works for the Mac side of OSX, but windows clients can't connect.
>>From wath I understand, it is now time to setup samba to authenticate users
>of the AD domain. How can I tell samba to use AD for authentification? If
>you can point me to an How-to on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the security = domain attribute in /etc/smb.conf

Also note this:

At 6:18 PM +1100 3/5/03, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 09:40, Siebert, Aaron wrote:
>>  Ver smb 2.2.7a
>>
>>  Managers, I am having trouble configuring samba as a domain member
>>  authenticating to a win2k domain controller. All other aspects seem to
>>  be functioning but samba is generating a log event when attempting to
>>  connect to the password server as follows.
>>  Machine NDEVDC1 rejected the tconX on the IPC$ share. Error as follows:
>>  NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
>>
>>  Any help is appreciated.
>
>Your DC may have 'RestrictAnonymous = 2' set (an NT/Win2k registry
>setting, also accessible as a group policy).  This would cause all
>non-win2k domain members significant problems, as you then cannot access
>the NETLOGON pipe required for domain authenticaion (among other
>things).
>
>Andrew Bartlett

Which bit me and with which Google was no help.

--

http://www.4am-media.com
Mac OS X Consulting and Training
mbartosh at 4am-media.com
303.517.0272
Denver, CO

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche

			Think Different.