[Samba] Permissions?

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Fri Mar 7 13:58:11 GMT 2003

I have the latest version of Samba setup on a Slackware machine and while
it seems to work fine into the two WindowsXP machines I have, Windows can't

When I sit at my WindowsXP machine and try and 'view workgroup
computers',  I get this message:

--------------------------
"PCBOARD is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
you have permissions. "

"The network path was not found"

How can this be?  How can I work into this workgroup from the Linux
computer but not from the Windows machines?

---
Ted Gervais,
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada