[Samba] None

Amarnath B S amarbs at cisco.com
Fri Mar 7 10:57:52 GMT 2003

ping <name> is the one that is broken. I am able to ping the IP-address of
the windoze box.

> ping has nothing to do with samba - if ping not successes, your
> netconnection is not correct.
> (except u ping with names, but ping uses DNS/hosts for nameresolving not
> wins)

But wins name-resolution is exactly what libnss_wins library supposed to do
right? And the NSS entry in nsswitch.conf file is for name-resolution only,
if i am right.

checkout....
http://us2.samba.org/samba/ftp/cvs_current/source/nsswitch/