[Samba] Strange smbclient-messages

Kurt Weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Thu Mar 6 07:39:08 GMT 2003

oops monitor schrieb:
> Hi, Samba-Users,
>
> this morning I found some strange-looking lines in my report-emails.
> At one of my customers I have an installation of Amanda running fine.
> Yesterday I decided to add a Windows-share to the systems to be backed
> up. This morning I looked at the logs and there was stuff like this:
>
> ....[snip]
>
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\Eldawin.hlp (\GKKDFU\)
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\eldawin.log (\GKKDFU\)
> ? SUCCESS - 0 listing \GKKDFU\empfange\*
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\ew.log (\GKKDFU\)
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\SackOpts_nt4.zlp (\GKKDFU\)
> ? SUCCESS - 0 listing \GKKDFU\senden\*
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\sendenvm08 (\GKKDFU\)
> ? SUCCESS - 0 listing \GKKDFU\TapiUpdate\*
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\trjour.dat (\GKKDFU\)
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\UNWISE.EXE (\GKKDFU\)
> ? SUCCESS - 0 opening remote file \GKKDFU\UNWISE.INI (\GKKDFU\)

seems that amanda sends try to send data to the "krankenkassa" - maybe
your user is sending announcements/leaving-certificate of the employees.
- as far as i know GKKDFU is the sending application of the sick-fund.
but it's a single user application and should (is) installed on the
local client hdd.

maybe another client has installed this app. on his machine, and this
not - so it's possible, that amanda tries to send, but did not find the
files????
check the path to elda in amanda???? (maybe it's c:\GKKDFU\...)???