[Samba] WinBind and SUSE 8.2 - Has anyone gotten it to work?

Terry Poperszky Terry.Poperszky at SOSStaffing.Com
Thu Jun 26 15:43:20 GMT 2003

Suse 8.2
Samba 3.0.0beta1

I have succefully configured WinBind, joined the NT domain and been able
to perform wbinfo -u and -g and that is where the success stops. When I
do a getent on passwords or groups I only get the local information.

When I try and log on as a existing user on the linux box, it does
accept the winbind authentication and let me in, but if the user does
not already exist, then login denies the user. I have successfully
configured my pam pop3 module to allow access through WinBind for the
existing users as well.

All of the configs that I have seen are centered around either RedHat or
Mandrake, both of which reference pam modules that Suse doesnt use. Any
help would be appreciated.

--
Terry Poperszky
Network Manager