[Samba] samba 3.00b1 + passdb: mysql problem

Ernest Beinrohr Ernest at Beinrohr.sk
Wed Jun 18 10:15:43 GMT 2003

Hi all, is here someone with working samba3 + passdb:mysql ? I've been
trying to set up the whole thing from morning on ;-). After succesfull
startup, when I try to login, smbd dumps this error to logs:

   No builtin backend found, trying to load plugin
   Module '/usr/lib/samba3/pdb/mysql.so' loaded
! Plugin is available, but doesn't register passdb backend

The user table is empty, but smbd doesn't even try to connect.

Here is an excertp from smb.conf:

passdb backend = /usr/lib/samba3/pdb/mysql.so:mysql
mysql:mysql host = localhost
mysql:mysql user = samba
mysql:mysql password = ambas
mysql:mysql database = samba