[Samba] I would like a concise doccument on how to setup samba 3.0.0b2 using ldapsam_nua

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Jun 12 05:17:41 GMT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Jeffrey D. Means wrote:

> Is there any doccumentation on using the ldapsam_nua backend??  I would
> like to setup my server in that fashion, and have looked all through the
> docs tree I downloaded with the cvs sources without sucess.  The LDAP
> howto in the docs tree is completly useless as it was written for 2.2.3

Are you serious? Are you saying that the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf in the
samba-3.0.0beta1 code taball is written for 2.2.3? Is it only 88 pages or
is it 400 pages in length? Seriously, your comment about the documentation
has me boogled out over the fence - I have spent the last 3 months writing
completely useless stuff for 2.2.3 - well, I'll be!

Please make sure that you check the SAMBA_3_RELEASE branch docs directory.
If you wish just check my work in progress version:
	http://samba.org/~jht/NT4migration/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

ldapsam_nua was withdrawn from the 3.0.0 release plans, It did not work.
There is NO support for the Non-Unix Account facility that people
requested. It may come back later in the 3.x series when we have been able
to iron the bugs out.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra