[Samba] Can't use mount command with samba

Rohan Parkes rparkes at email.com
Tue Jun 10 23:49:15 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 08:06, Vizitiu, Ciprian wrote:
> > I have a home network based on Win XP Pro, with one Linux
> > machine running Red Hat 9. All updates have been applied.
> > There's no domain controller.
> >
> > I can connect from the Linux machine to the XP machines via
> > Konqueror using smb://mymachine/myshare
> >
> > However, I can't use the mount command.
> >
> > I'm trying to use syntax like
> >
> > mount -t smbfs -o username=myname,password=mypwd
> > //192.168.0.1 /win/myshare
>

> smbmount '\\mymachine\myshare' /mnt/xpshare -o
> username=myname,password=mypwd

Thanks - I'm just wondering why the articles (and the smb usability
print out) seemed to be giving the wrong syntax.

Another article stated that I could mount samba shares using fstab. But
when I tried this, I encountered the problem that the network interface
wasn't up in time.

Is there any way of doing this?

--
Rohan Parkes