[Samba] I am totaly frustrated running samba

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Thu Jun 5 02:15:25 GMT 2003

I'm not sure about your problem but I note that you have 'Global Parameter
map to guest in service section"

if you wish to enable anonymous access to the box, you need to move this
line from the "share definition" to the Global Section. (I think RedHat made
a mistake in their default smb.conf file)

Cheers,
Mun Heng, Ow
H/M Engineering
Western Digital M'sia