[Samba] Samba 3.0 and ACL's

Matt Wright matt at consultmatt.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 09:04:11 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to update my samba installation from samba 2.2.x to samba
3.0. I use Debian r3.0 Stable and have one partition that is XFS with ACL's.

After compiling Samba 3.0alpha24 I found that the ACL were not being enabled
even though all my libraries were in place. After opening ./configure I found
that the -lattr flag is needed when compiling the ACL test programs. Once
Samba 3 was compiled and installed the ACL's on the XFS drive do not permeate
through to Samba, they worked correctly in version 2.2.x. I realise that Samba
3 is a development version but I can't find out if ACL's are supposed to be
working or not, I can't see anything wrong with my setup.

If you need more information please don't hesitate to email me.

Regards,

Matt Wright

-- Quantum canis ille in fenestra est?