[Samba] Re: Re: pdf printer

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Wed Jun 4 00:49:40 GMT 2003

Hi,

> Hmm.  i've not even tried it on windows95/98 as we are only on 2k/XP here.
> i'll setup a test machine and see what i find...   i have got a driver for
> 9x but i browsed to \\sambamachine then printers then right clicked on the
> printer and sad additional drivers stuck in the windows2k terminal server
> CD (lots of drivers on there) and said do it.

I didn't add any other printer driver from W2K CD or from any 3rd party
vendor. I first created pdfprinter.ppd by

  lpadmin -p pdfprinter -E -v pdf:/var/tmp -m adist5.pdf

then exported pdfprinter.ppd so Windows clients can download

  cupsaddsmb -v pdfprinter

Now NT/2000 can download the drivers no problem. But 9x/ME complains that
they can't find pdfprinter.PPD. I think there's some subtle bugs in linking
the drivers for download, but I don't know where.

Regards,
Norman