[Samba] login auth problem

chris Bouchet duc_zergouille at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 2 14:58:55 GMT 2003

dear users,

i've a debian 3, and i've compiled samba2.2.8a.
i've joined my box the the AD

my problem is that, after having configured winbind, nss and /etc/pam.d/login, I can log on a session with a normal user (root) but when i use a AD user (SCIENCEU+pitie) , i give a password, and it says "Authentication service cannot retrieve auth info"...
i've launched winbind, i can do wbinfo -p, secret is good, i've tries wbinfo -a SCIENCEU+pitie%pitie and it works, i've put the libnss_winbind.so in /lib, and idem for libnss_winbind.so.2, ive put this in my /etc/nsswitch :

passwd files winbind
shadow files
group winbind

(befor this i had :
passwd compat
shadow compat
group compat
)

an here is my /etc/pam.d/login:
auth required pam_securetty.so
auth required pam_nologin.so
auth sufficient pam_winbind.so debut
auth requires pam_env.so
auth required pam_unix.so use_first_pass

account sufficient pam_winbind.so debug
account required pam_unix.so

session required pam_unix.so
session optional pam_lastlog.so

password required pam_unix.so nullok

when i give a look at winbind's log, it seems to be good : "plaintext autehtication for user SCIENCEU+pitie return NT_STATUS_OK (PAM 0) "

what's going wrong ?

please helllp ...!
thanks a lot!