[Samba] samba pdc/roving profiles/encrypted passwords

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun Jun 1 15:41:57 GMT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Tom McKellips wrote:

> I've read that one and it is good. I also have come across another I believe
> is worth reading also. When I read how-to it helps to get different views
> from diffrent ones. But take a look at
> http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/csamba6.html It is also a very well
> written doc.

I was aware of the Mandrake documentation. Buchan Milne, who is most
instrumental in keeping Mandrake documents up to date is also very active
on the Samba mailing lists. Buchan and I have very minor philsophical
differences, for the rest we share a common set of goals. I respect his
continued efforts and his documentation. He deserves a big "thank-you"
from all Mandrake users.

What we are trying to achieve is a level of documentation that has had the
maximum possible input from samba users, that addresses every area of
need, and that will out-class all previous standards in comprehensiveness,
accuracy and currency. We want Samba-3 to make a king hit!

If there is anything at all that we have missed that should be in the
HOWTO, or even little tips that you might have, then please share your
information with us.

Thanks for the feedback.

- John T.