[Samba] drive mapping's connection problems

Paolo Supino paolo at telmap.com
Tue Jul 29 14:20:20 GMT 2003

Hi

 My company network is built from a series of Solaris
machines running samba (2.2.x) and windows 2000 clients.
The domain controller is samba 2.2.8a. When someone logs
on the login script maps a few shares to drive letters.
Recently the drive mappings started getting disconnected
and when pressed they print out the error:
"An error occurred while reconnecting to [Drive Letter]:
to \\server\share. Microsoft Windows Network: The local
device name is already in use. This connection has not been
restored."
 Can anyone please explain why this happens and how I
can prevent it?

TIA

	Paolo