[Samba] disabled mashine account without password

Patrick Flohr Flohr.P at t-online.de
Fri Jul 25 09:22:08 GMT 2003

Hi,

when i try to join a winxp pro client to my samba domain i get an access
denied error.
Checking /etc/passwd and smbpasswd shows an new created mashine account,
but the account
is disabled and without a password.

I'm using a debian 3.0 Linux with Samba 2.2.8a-1.0 and the following add
user script:
/usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g workstations -s /bin/false -M %u

Is there something wrong with the script?

Some informatio about the xp-client:
-- signorseal patch applied
-- accessing shares without probs possible

additional information:
-- some probs with root accout see thread from 23.7

Thank you in advance for all help
Patrick Flohr